Welcome to the Australian Homelessness Clearinghouse, a website for sharing information and good practice solutions for the homelessness sector in Australia.
How to use the Clearinghouse
The Australian Homelessness Clearinghouse is a tool for the homeless sector to better communicate information about homelessness issues in Australia. It is funded by the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) to be a resource for the homelessness sector, and will evolve with time, need and input.
As a Clearinghouse, this website has been designed to provide information in the following ways:
- What’s New?
- Research Papers
- Data and Data Sets
- Articles on Homelessness
- Communities of Practice
- Support Services
- Conferences, Seminars and Events
- Use the top menu to navigate through the main content areas of the site. Sub navigation options in these areas will cascade down from the top menu.
- Use the Search tool if you are having trouble finding an item on the site, or if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for.
Your site – your solutions!
The key aim of the Australian Homelessness Clearinghouse is to provide opportunities to share your knowledge, ideas and good practices with the entire homelessness sector to better tackle homelessness in Australia.
Eliminating homelessness in Australia requires new methods of collaboration, sharing knowledge and generating holistic outcomes.
You can participate in the site by using the information and making suggestions for adding content to the site:
- add research papers, data or articles about a particular topic
- make comments about a research paper, data or article
- suggest documents to be uploaded (e.g. a policy or a good practice case study) to share with others
- provide information about organisations, services and programs that deliver support services targetting homeless people
- list conferences, seminars or events
- participate in forums with other site users.
If there are other features you would like us to add to the Clearinghouse, please contact us.
This website has been designed to evolve and grow through input and ideas. If you have any suggestions for new content or how we can improve the site then the Clearinghouse welcomes your feedback. If you think it is a great idea chances are there are others who will agree!
Communities of Practice
A Community of Practice (CoP) is a group of people who collaborate through the use of interactive communication tools to improve knowledge and good practice on a particular homelessness issue. This site offers a CoP function to support and develop CoP in the homeless sector.
For more information visit the Communities of Practice section.
Sharing your organisation’s events with the sector has never been easier with the Clearinghouse. If you wish to add an event please contact us.